Monday, December 19, 2011

My first ever blog! (October 15 2009)

My First ever blog!
Hello to all you mommies out there!  I am so glad that you decided to stop by and check out my blog.  This is my first time ever blogging and I am so excited to share my mommyhood stories with you and hopefully you will share your stories and experiences with me and my readers!  I would like to start out telling you a little bit about me and why I started this blog.

My name is Andrea and I am a full time stay at home mom (SAHM).  My son, Samuel, is 2 and I am expecting our second, a girl, in January 2010. Prior to having Sam I worked for Chase Home Finance and Huntington National Bank.  I was born and raised in Toledo, Oh and moved to Columbus in 2003 after meeting the man I was going to marry!  George and I were married in August 2004, bought a house in Gahanna, Oh (burb of Columbus) in 2005.  The majority of my family still lives in Toledo, although I have family sprinkled everywhere from Texas to Massachusetts.  My husband’s family is mainly in Mansfield; where he was raised.  My parents, Janet and Dave, live about an hour away and love being grandparents.  George’s mother lives in Texas and is already a grandmother of 3 boys (including mine) and she is very excited about having her first granddaughter.  

Sam was born August 14, 2007 and he is quite the little comedian!  He is the main reason I have decided to start this blog.  He may be 2 but I still consider myself a new mom.  I say that because, well, I’ve never been a mom to a two year old little boy before and I have questions and concerns that I would like to share with all of you and maybe you can give me and others insight into your mommyhood experiences! Weather your child is a newborn or 41 years old I would like your response to any questions or concerns that myself or fellow readers may have about their own children.  From time to time I may not blog about anything, just ask a question and hope for a great solution.  I won’t be one of those mommy bloggers that blogs only about the great deals for the week at your local grocery store, or about the great coupons I found in the Sunday paper or the greatest sale on clothes ever!  BUT, if I do find a great deal on something I will tell you about it and vice versa!  Basically I want this blog to be an outlet for mommies who need mommies! (Always call your child’s pediatrician first!) I know that in the past 2 years I have needed other mommies to say encouraging things like “You’re doing things just fine” or “Don’t worry about that, my kid does/did it too!” 

So I hope that you will be back often and please tell your friends about this blog if you think they would have any good quips, antidotes, or advice for others! Because we all know that it takes an army to raise children and what better army to have then of an army of mommies (and daddies) 

Hope to talk to you all soon!
~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment